T&J Enterprises Since 1998
AFFORDABLE  ORGANIC  GARDENING  SUPPLIES
Phone:  (509)327-7670   (888)769-3878
 
Site Navigation Menu
Home Products Exhibits
Store Overview Application
Links Brochures Contact
  MSDS  
 

Click Here to see all the BioVam Products.

BioVam Treated Grapes Survive drought conditions.
BioVam Grape Trial

This article explains how BioVam is effective in raising the resistance of grape plants to drought conditions.

8/14/96

To Whom it May Concern:

My husband and I are writing this recommendation for Mycorrhizae because of the benefits that we have seen in our new vineyard. I have been working with raisin grapes for over 40 years, and my husband for 25. We planted 27 acres of fiesta variety grapes for dried on the vine raisins. (They are virtually the same as a Thompson grape).  I began talking with Bio-Enhancement Technologies (now manufactured by Brock Probiotics) last August.   Everyone was extremely helpful, offering suggestions, while arranging things to fit our particular needs.  Now, to some important details.  Had everything gone as planned, this recommendation would probably be filled with glowing reports of a "practically perfect stand" and phenomenal growth.  Instead, you should find our results much more impressive.

As with many things, everything that can go wrong does. After a bad growing year for the nurseries, the rootings we had ordered were not available. Luckily we were able to locate a few rootings, but had to settle for cuttings for most of the field. To make a long story short, we were finally able to plant about 20% of the field in February, and the remaining 80% in late March. Due to materials not being delivered on time, the irrigation system was not finished until late June. This required row irrigation for about 4 months. The vines were irrigated approximately every 7 to 14 days instead of the necessary 2 to 3 days, during temperatures ranging 85 - 100. To complicate things we had to share the pump with another farmer, and then in mid-May had to replace the pump. The down time was supposed to be 1 week, but turned into 16 days, during which temperatures were in the high 90's. All of this combined with a weed control problem, should have left us with very few vines. That was not the case. Of the rootings, I estimate a 90% or better stand, the cuttings about 70%. Under the circumstances this would be an excellent result, but the amazing thing is what we have observed in the last few weeks.

Many of the vines (my estimate - 75%, possibly more) that died after beginning to grow, have let out new shoots. This goes along with the fact that the Mycorrhizae builds the root system so even though the foliage dies, many of the vines come back. I really can't give a very accurate estimate about how many, since we continue to find additional plants weekly. The vines that never let out, have died, thus accounting for our losses. (We attribute some to weak rootings/cuttings stock.)

The most astounding result I can describe to you has occurred within the last two weeks. Once the drip system was up and running, we were able to water about every 3 to 4 days and the vines have taken off. Two weeks ago, temperatures climbed over 105, and have stayed there with temperatures of 108-112 for the last week. We had expected some stress, leaf burn, or at least a slow down in growth. Instead the vines look as if it were 75 and not 112. In a period of one week we have observed growth of 2-8 inches on our vines. They are beautifully green, and growing, while our other vineyards show signs of stress.

Mycorrhizae works, not only can we see it, but I can feel it working. We will be replacing our missing vines this fall, and with the help of the Mycorrhizae I expect a perfect stand.

Any questions, feel free to contact us.

Kathie & Wayne Smith
30531 Merced Ave.
Shafter, California 93263

Product Catalogue
 
Privacy, Return, Refund Policy
  
Copyright 1998 -  by T & J Enterprises. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.